Short & Funny Poems for Kids In English

Short poems for kids can be a fantastic learning tool considering children'southward poesy tin can enhance their vocabulary and help with their talking and reading skills.

Funny poems for kids are slap-up because they go them laughing besides. Below we have gathered a nifty pick of short and funny poems in English for kids to go them laughing and learning.

Make sure to also check out our Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids besides!

Benefits of Kids Poems

Rhyming has then many benefits, and children's poetry is a great way to develop your kid's language skills in any language skills.

Forth with children's nursery rhymes, kids naturally like poems and poetry because of the rhymes so they can relish themselves while learning.

Funny Short Poems for Kids

These short and funny poems for kids are sure to become your kids interested, you may remember some from your own childhood, and in that location are a few modern curt poems for kids here as well.

Poems for Kids - Funny and Short Children's Poetry

1. Little Male child Blueish Darren Sardelli

Footling Boy Bluish, please encompass your nose.
You sneezed on Miss Muffet and ruined her wearing apparel.
You sprayed Female parent Hubbard, and at present she is sick.
You put out the fire on Jack's candlestick.

Your sneeze is the reason why Humpty fell down.
Yous drenched Yankee Doodle when he came to town.
The blind mice are aroused! The sheep are upset!
From now on, apply a tissue then no i gets wet!

2. Eletephony – Laura Elizabeth Richards

Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to employ the telephant—
No! No! I mean an elephone

Who tried to use the phone—
(Beloved me! I am non certain quite
That even now I've got it right.)
Howe'er it was, he got his trunk

Entangled in the telephunk;
The more he tried to get it free,
The louder buzzed the telephee—
(I fear I'd better drib the song
Of elephop and telephong!)

3. Row Row Row Your Boat – Unknown

Row Row Row Your Boat
Gently downwards the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily
Life is but a dream.

Row Row Row Your Boat
Gently down the stream
If you lot run into a crocodile
Don't forget to scream

4. The Little Turtle – Vachel Lindsay

There was a little turtle.
He lived in a box.
He swam in a puddle.
He climbed on the rocks.

He snapped at a musquito.
He snapped at a flea.
He snapped at a minnow.
And he snapped at me.

He caught the mosquito.
He caught the flea.
He caught the minnow.
But he didn't take hold of me.

5. How not to take to dry out the dishes – Shel Silverstein

If you have to dry out the dishes
(Such an awful, boring chore)
If you have to dry out the dishes
('Stead of going to the store)

If you lot take to dry out the dishes
And you drop one on the floor—
Possibly they won't allow you
Dry the dishes anymore.

6. Now we are half-dozen – A. A. Milne

When I was One,
I had merely begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.

When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Half dozen,
I'one thousand every bit clever every bit clever,
So I call up I'll exist six now for ever and ever.

seven. Fun – Leroy F. Jackson

I beloved to hear a lobster express joy,
Or see a turtle wiggle,
Or poke a hippopotamus
And see the monster giggle,
Or even stand around at night
And watch the mountains wriggle.

8. Snowball – Shel Silverstein

I made myself a snowball,
As perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep information technology as a pet,
And let information technology slumber with me.

I made it some pajamas,
And a pillow for its head.
Then final dark information technology ran away,
Just beginning information technology wet the bed.

ix. Daddy Brutal into the Pond – Alfred Noyes

Everyone grumbled. The sky was grey.
We had nada to do and nothing to say.
We were nearing the finish of a dismal day,
And so there seemed to be naught across,
Then Daddy fell into the swimming!

And everyone's face grew merry and vivid,
And Timothy danced for sheer delight.
"Give me the camera, quick, oh quick!
He's crawling out of the duckweed!" Click!

And so the gardener suddenly slapped his knee,
And doubled up, shaking silently,
And the ducks all quacked every bit if they were daft,
And it sounded every bit if the sometime drake laughed.
Oh, there wasn't a matter that didn't respond
When Daddy Fell into the pond!

Yous are half way though our brusk poems for kids! Read more brusque and funny poems for kids beneath 🙂

x. I Have a Little Frog – Unknown

I accept a little frog
His proper noun is Tiny Tim,
I put him in the bathtub,
To meet if he could swim,

He drank up all the water,
And gobbled up the soap!
And when he tried to talk
He had a BUBBLE in his throat!

11. Dentist and the Crocodile – Roald Dahl

The crocodile, with cunning smiling, sat in the dentist's chair.
He said, "Right here and everywhere my teeth require repair."

The dentist's face was turning white. He quivered, quaked and shook.
He muttered, "I suppose I'm going to have to take a look."

"I want you lot", Crocodile declared, "to exercise the dorsum ones outset.
The molars at the very back are easily the worst."

He opened wide his massive jaws. It was a fearsome sight—
At least three hundred pointed teeth, all sharp and shining white.

The dentist kept himself well articulate. He stood two yards away.
He chose the longest probe he had to search out the decay.

"I said to practise the back ones first!" the Crocodile called out.
"You lot're much too far away, dear sir, to run across what you're about.

To do the back ones properly you've got to put your head
Deep downward inside my nifty large mouth," the grin Crocky said

The poor old dentist wrung his hands and, weeping in despair,
He cried, "No no! I see them all extremely well from here!"

Simply and then, in burst a lady, in her hands a golden concatenation.
She cried, "Oh Croc, yous naughty boy, you're playing tricks again!"

"Scout out!" the dentist shrieked and started climbing upwards the wall.
"He'southward later me! He's after you! He's going to consume us all!"

"Don't be a twit," the lady said, and flashed a gorgeous smiling.
"He's harmless. He's my niggling pet, my lovely crocodile."

12. When the Teacher Isn't Looking – Kenn Nesbitt

When the instructor's dorsum is turned,
we never scream and shout.
Never do we drib our books
and try to freak her out.

No one throws a pencil
at the ceiling of the class.
No i tries to hit the fire warning
and pause the glass.

Nosotros don't coughing in unison
and loudly articulate our throats.
No one's shooting paper wads
or passing fiddling notes.

She must retrieve we're so polite.
We never make a peep.
Really, though, it'south just considering
nosotros all go correct to sleep.

thirteen. My Doggy Ate My Essay – Darren Sardelli

My doggy ate my essay.
He picked upwardly all my mail.
He cleaned my dirty cupboard
and dusted with his tail.

He straightened out my posters
and swept my wooden flooring.
My parents almost fainted
when he fixed my bedroom door.

I did non try to stop him.
He made my windows shine.
My room looked like a palace,
and my dresser smelled like pine.

He fluffed up every pillow.
He folded all my wearing apparel.
He even cleaned my fish tank
with a toothbrush and a hose.

I thought it was amazing
to come across him use a broom.
I'grand glad he ate my essay
on "How to Clean My Room."

fourteen. Sick – Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.

My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'one thousand going blind in my correct center.
My tonsils are equally big as rocks,
I've counted 16 chicken pox

And there'southward one more–that'south seventeen,
And don't you retrieve my face looks green?
My leg is cut–my eyes are bluish–
It might exist instamatic flu.

I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'thou sure that my left leg is bankrupt–
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My omphalus's caving in,

My back is wrenched, my ankle'south sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time information technology rains.
My olfactory organ is common cold, my toes are numb.
I accept a sliver in my thumb.

My cervix is stiff, my vox is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My natural language is filling up my mouth,
I retrieve my hair is falling out.

My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-8.
My encephalon is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.

I accept a hangnail, and my heart is–what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is. . .Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"

15. Bee – Denise Rogers

A bee comes tapping at my screen,
Buzzing, bumping, sounding mean.
Bouncing, pushing, acting wired,
With no thought of getting tired.

¨I could say, "Dear bee, what is it?
Would yous like to come and visit?"
But I feel his anger's dandy.
So I'm glad I have a screen!

sixteen. Crabby – Barbara Vance

I am a crab
Who walks the shore
And pinches toes all day.

If I were you
I'd vesture some shoes
And not go in my mode.

17. Don't Be Giddy – Dave Moran

Are there bugs that alive on the moon?
Tin July come earlier June?
Can the lord's day ever feel cold?
"Don't be silly" I'thousand often told.

Why can't we live under the bounding main?
The creatures at that place seem so happy.
Why does cheese look similar gold?
"Don't be silly" I'grand often told.

So why are things the way they are?
Has it always been, right from the start?
Will Mickey Mouse ever go old?
"Don't be empty-headed" I'm often told.

Then in skillful time I know I'll grow,
And I will learn, this I know.
I'll ask my questions and be assuming,
"And that'due south not silly" I'll be told.

18. Stopping by woods on a snowy evening

Whose forest these are I call back I know.
His house is in the hamlet though;
He will not see me stopping hither
To scout his woods fill up upwards with snowfall.

My little equus caballus must think it queer
To end without a farmhouse near
Between the forest and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy current of air and downy bit.

The woods are lovely, nighttime and deep.
Only I have promises to proceed,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to get earlier I sleep.

18. A Knotty Problem – Patrick Winstanley

A scarf for a giraffe
Would be forty anxiety long
But how would a giraffe
Know how to put ane on?

19. My Missing Shoe – Unknown

I looked for you by the front door,
Under my bed, on the bathroom floor,
Nearly the back stairs, in the drawer with my socks,
Next to the table, and out in the sandbox.
My mother is calling me, and I'm calling yous,
Where have y'all gone, my missing shoe?

20. Three Piddling Piggies

I take three piggies,
Who live in the shed
They sleep in their food bowl
And consume in their bed

They drink lots of water
Which makes them become wee
This usually happens
While they are sitting on my knee!!!

What's your favourite brusk verse form for kids?

Did you enjoy this list of curt poems for kids in English? Exercise you call up some of these funny poems for kids from your childhood? Did we miss any children'due south poetry that you love? Let us know what your favourite kids verse form is!

Read Side by side:

  • English Plant nursery Rhymes for Kids
  • Mother Goose Rhymes for Kids
  • Best Kids Cartoons in English
  • Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
  • Word Games for Kids